If you’ve read my BitDefender Total Security 2013 review, you know I rely on BitDefender for system security.
Although I didn’t mention it in my BitDefender piece, I also run SUPERAntiSpyware Pro, and HouseCall, a free tool from Trend Micro, which I use periodically. The bottom line is that I believe discretion is indeed the better part of valour, and never rely upon a single program when it comes to malwire and virus removal.
When I ran across the SOPHOS Virus Removal Tool, I decided to see what it was like, and downloaded it a few days back. The installation went smoothly; the software updated itself and then presented me with its SCAN function.
To my surprise, the scan revealed a nasty piece of malware that both BitDefender and SUPERAntiSpyware failed to discover, and my determination to employ multiple solutions was fully validated.
If you think your computer may be infected, and you’re searching for a free virus scan, this add this SOPHOS tool to your bag of tricks and give it a try. When it comes to malicious software removal, you need all the help you can get.
Thank you, Sophos!

No comments:
Post a Comment